Wednesday 24 February 2010

'Taken' - Movie Review

Watched this DVD recently, and had read mixed reviews of it. Much of the movie press didnt seem to like it at all (I think my movie Guru's Empire gave it 1 out of 5) but everyone I knew who'd seen it really raved about it, so I thought I'd better check it out. Anyway, full review incoming...

I seem to recall various critics really not liking this very much, but having watched it, whats not to like??!!
This is a fast-paced, adrenalin-fuelled rollercoaster of an actioner that doesnt let up one little bit. It doesnt run too long, doesnt feel any need to hugely overexplain itself, the fight sequences are hard and very Bourne-like, and in many ways this is what Quantum Of Solace could have been. I thought Liam Neeson was excellent, and his passionate pursuit of his beloved daughter extremely believable. Pure revenge fuelled escapism for an hour and a half, love it!

Taken

No comments:

Post a Comment