Friday 8 October 2010

'The Other Guys' - Movie Review

















The Other Guys (3 out of 5 stars)

Being a huge Will Ferrell fan, I was expecting a lot from this movie, and for the main part (ie. the first 2 acts) it delivered. However it seemed to lose its way a little bit, and ended up being something akin to Rush Hour 3, or one of the Lethal Weapon movies...not particularly great, in other words.
That said, I laughed out loud at a great many moments in the film, as Ferrell worked his magic again, but I actually thought it all ended up being a bit formulaic, with even Ferrell recycling and restyling some older gags from other films to fit this particular mould.
I thought Mr. Wahlberg was good, he's a fine actor and I think comedy is still a very new string to his bow, but he should stick at it and do more, and The Rock and Samuel L both played their self-mocking roles well, for the short time they were in the movie, and I think Michael Keaton definitely needs to do more comedy. Overall, its a hit, but its no Anchorman, Blades Of Glory or Land Of The Lost, but hey if you like Will Ferrell then I guarantee you'll crack up a good few times during this, so check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment