Friday 8 October 2010

'Remember Me' - Movie Review




















Remember Me (5 out of 5 stars)

This received hideous reviews, and although I am more than aware that everyone has their opinion, I thought it was a superb film. I just don't quite get the general reaction to this film.
How any of the Twilight movies can be given reviews that mention 'good acting' and then the same critic's pan this, is beyond me.
Rob Pattinson is completely compelling in this, a real coming-of-age performance, and the rest of the supporting cast are all excellent too.
It's in no way a cheerful movie, but then again I don't know a huge number of film's that are about intensely strained father/son relationships, caused by traumatic family loss, that are cheerful.
I thought it was gritty and touching. Pattinson's relationship with his younger sister in the film is beautifully played out, and the anguish that many of the characters feel at their own individual personal losses is vivid, and very real.
And the ending - even if you saw it coming - literally had me putting my hands to my face in an "Oh NO!" expression.
I watch a lot of movies, and I'm well aware that people are never going to agree on their opinions of them, and in that lies the beauty of film, but for this to be so roundly disliked is amazing to me.
In my opinion, ignore the critics and watch this, it's an excellent film that I personally loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment